Welcome to my math homepage
All GEOMETRY UPDATES AND CLASS NOTES WILL BE on our Google Classroom pages.
The following is the Course syllabus:
Common Core Geometry 2020-2021
Mrs. Hugar Ext. 6629
Mrs. Oddy Ext. 6323
Mr. Pappas Ext. 6316
Office Hours: Virtual Wednesday/Email
ALL SOLO students: You are required to check in Tuesdays from 2:30-3:10 for Geometry
Daily Attendance is mandatory regardless of the garnett or gray day or virtual Wed. You will be required to participate in a daily quiz (google form) to prove your attendance.
About this course:
Common Core Geometry will culminate with a Regents Exam in June that will count as one-fifth of the course grade. This course will also fulfill the second year of a three year math graduation requirement. Students who desire to achieve an Advanced Regents Diploma must complete and pass three years of Regents Math Exams (Algebra I, Geometry and Algebra II).
The following is the sequence that will be covered throughout the year using the Geometry modules aligned with New York Sate’s learning standards:
Module 1: Congruence, Proof, and Constructions
Module 2: Similarity, Proof, and Trigonometry
Module 3: Extending to Three Dimensions
Module 4: Connecting Algebra and Geometry through Coordinates
Module 5: Circles with and without Coordinates
- 3 ring binder (at least 1.5 inch)
- Straight Edge/Ruler
- Lined Paper or Spiral Notebook
- Bring your district issued Chromebook every day!
- NO CELL PHONES are permitted in class
Your quarterly grades will be calculated using total points. Points will be based on assignments such as spiral review, exit tickets, google classroom assignments, castle learning assignments and projects.
- Mr. Pappas’ class is a level 2 classroom for cellphones and personal devices. Level 2 defined by the board of education states: “Off & Out of sight, unless directed to use.”
- Google Classroom will be used to communicate materials to students (especially helpful to students that miss class).
- Expectation… BE APPROPRIATE!