The Starpoint Central School District Board of Education has begun the budget process for the 2020-21 school year. The Board of Education is committed to designing a school budget that meets the educational needs of the students as well as the financial needs of the community.
The Board of Education began the 2020-21 budget process by adopting the budget calendar (shown below) and the following budget goals at the November 18th, 2019 Board of Education Meeting:
- Provide a fiscally prudent school budget that addresses the educational needs of the Starpoint children and at the same time is mindful of the cost to district residents.
- Continue to provide the MOST cost effective educational plan in Niagara County for the residents of the Starpoint Central School District.
- Provide facilities for students, employees, and community that are safe, well maintained, and conducive to the activities of the district.
- Provide an expenditure and revenue plan that is child/student centered and consistent with the educational plan of the district.
- Provide a staffing plan driven by higher academic standards, increased district enrollment, and the implementation of academic and remedial services.
- Provide a staff development plan necessary to meet the new learning standards established by the State of New York.
- Effectively communicate the educational program needs of the school district to ensure that district residents have a good knowledge of the district’s expenditure plan.
- Continue to identify and implement cost-saving measures that reduce the impact on taxes for the residents of the District.
The Board of Education has met to discuss the school budget on December 9th, 2019, January 13th, 2020, January 27th, 2020, February 10th, 2020, March 30, 2020, April 22, 2020 and May 11, 2020.. The next budget discussion will be at the May 18th, 2020 Board of Education meeting.
In an effort to keep the community informed, the District has posted below all of the budget handouts from the budget presentations done at Board of Education meetings.
We encourage you to review the budget documents presented below and contact Jonathan Andrews, Director of Administrative Services at 716-210-2349 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Pursuant to Governor Cuomo's Executive Order 202.26, the budget vote and board member election, as mentioned above, will be conducted by absentee ballot only. The District Clerk will mail absentee ballots to all qualified voters in the District. The absentee ballots must to returned by mail no later than 5:00 pm on Tuesday, June 9, 2020 to the office of the District Clerk at 4363 Mapleton Road, Lockport, NY 14094.