The Starpoint Central School District Board of Education has begun the budget process for the 2018-19 school year. The Board of Education is committed to designing a school budget that meets the educational needs of the students as well as the financial needs of the community.
The Board of Education began the 2018-19 budget process by adopting the budget calendar and budget goals (Shown below) at the November 20th, 2017 Board of Education Meeting:
- Provide a fiscally prudent school budget that addresses the educational needs of the Starpoint children and at the same time is mindful of the cost to district residents.
- Continue to provide the MOST cost effective educational plan in Niagara County for the residents of the Starpoint Central School District.
- Provide facilities for students, employees, and community that are safe, well maintained, and conducive to the activities of the district.
- Provide an expenditure and revenue plan that is child/student centered and consistent with the educational plan of the district.
- Provide a staffing plan driven by higher academic standards, increased district enrollment, and the implementation of academic and remedial services.
- Provide a staff development plan necessary to meet the new learning standards established by the State of New York.
- Effectively communicate the educational program needs of the school district to ensure that district residents have a good knowledge of the district’s expenditure plan.
- Continue to identify and implement cost-saving measures that reduce the impact on taxes for the residents of the District.
The Board of Education has met to discuss the school budget on December 12th, 2017, January 8th, 2018, January 29th, 2018, February 12th, 2018, March 5th, March 19th, 2018, April 10th, 2018 and April 16th, 2018. The Board of Education also held the Budget Hearing on May 1, 2018 during the regular Board of Education meeting.
In an effort to keep the community informed, the District has posted below all of the budget handouts from the budget presentations done at Board of Education meetings.
We encourage you to review the budget documents presented below and contact Jonathan Andrews, Director of Administrative Services at 716-210-2349 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
The Annual School budget Vote will be held on Tuesday, May 15th, 2018 from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM in the Starpoint High School Music Room. The District will be asking voters to enter through the High School Fine Arts entrance on voting day.