The Starpoint Central School District Board of Education has begun the budget process for the 2021-22 school year. The Board of Education is committed to designing a school budget that meets the educational needs of the students as well as the financial needs of the community.
The Board of Education began the 2021-22 budget process by adopting the budget calendar (shown below) and the following budget goals at the November 16th, 2020 Board of Education Meeting:
- Provide a fiscally prudent school budget that addresses the educational needs of the Starpoint children and at the same time is mindful of the cost to district residents.
- Continue to provide the MOST cost effective educational plan in Niagara County for the residents of the Starpoint Central School District.
- Provide facilities for students, employees, and community that are safe, well maintained, and conducive to the activities of the district.
- Provide an expenditure and revenue plan that is child/student centered and consistent with the educational plan of the district.
- Provide a staffing plan driven by higher academic standards, increased district enrollment, and the implementation of academic and remedial services.
- Provide a staff development plan necessary to meet the new learning standards established by the State of New York.
- Effectively communicate the educational program needs of the school district to ensure that district residents have a good knowledge of the district’s expenditure plan.
- Continue to identify and implement cost-saving measures that reduce the impact on taxes for the residents of the District.
- Develop a budget that will address the multitude of issues presented by Covid-19 and continue to keep Starpoint schools a safe and healthy environment for students, faculty and staff.
The Board of Education has met to discuss the school budget on January 11, 2021, February 1, 2021, February 8, 2021, February 22, 2021, March 8, 2021, March 22, 2021 & April 19, 2021. The Board of Education also held the required Budget Hearing on May 4, 2021 at 6:00 PM.
The annual District Budget vote will be held on Tuesday, May 18th, 2021 from the hours of 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM in the High School gymnasium.
In an effort to keep the community informed, the District has posted below all of the budget handouts from the budget presentations done at Board of Education meetings.
We encourage you to review the budget documents presented below and contact Jonathan Andrews, Director of Administrative Services at 716-210-2349 or email@example.com if you have any questions.