About this course:
This course strengthens students’ skills in performing basic arithmetic computations to prepare for college entrance exams. The course will include practical applications, and calculator use will be integrated throughout.
- 3-ring binder
- Pens and pencils
- A graphing calculator will be provided for in-class use. A scientific calculator will be needed for at-home use.
Tests – 60%
The date of a test will be announced in advance. Tested material is not limited to the most recently learned topics; review topics may be included. There are no retakes on tests. At times, project assignments may take the place of a unit test.
Quizzes – 30%
Quizzes may or may not be announced in advance. There are no retakes on quizzes.
There will be one homework grade each marking period. Each student will start out each marking period with a 100%. Five percentage points will be deducted for every unsatisfactory or incomplete homework assignment.
Extra credit will be given at times on a test, quiz, or as an assignment.
Cell phone use is not permitted in the classroom!
- Be respectful at all times
- Behave in a mature manner
- Be on time and prepared
- Comply with all reasonable requests
- A first offense will result in a verbal warning.
- Any consistent failure to comply with the rules will result in the consequences outlined in Starpoint Central School District’s Code of Conduct.