Mr. DiFrancesco – Global Studies 9
Your Name_________________________ Date Given_________________
DO NOT LOSE THIS PACKET! PLACE IT AT THE BEGINNING OF YOUR NOTEBOOK.
1. We consider attendance very important for the successful completion of the social studies program. Students are expected to be in attendance at all class sessions.
- When the bell rings at the beginning of the class period, students should be seated and prepared for instruction. Be in your seat with your homework in the top right corner of your desk. Once the class period begins, no student will be allowed to leave their seat without permission from the instructor.
- STUDENTS SHOULD BRING THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS TO ALL CLASSES.
- Pens (blue or black).
- Three ring binder notebook (Any color – 2 – 21/2 inches)
- Colored Pencils (optional)
No locker passes will be given if you forget.
- All students are expected to keep a notebook which should be a three ring binder type. It should be in sequential order.
- I will not allow name calling, object distractions (pen tapping, book dropping), stealing, cheating, disorderly conduct, personal conversations, passing and writing notes OR CELL PHONES!!! Students will be courteous to instructor, substitutes, guest speakers and fellow students. Students who display disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
- A student may ask a question by raising his or her hand. When acknowledged by the teacher, he or she may talk. This means that one and only one conversation is occurring at a time. This makes it possible for the teacher to give a concise answer. The other students also benefit because they can hear the question and the answer.
- All assignments are due the next day, unless otherwise stated. Late assignments will not be accepted for full credit unless you have been ill or absent from school. A student who is absent on the day the assignment is given, should get the assignment on the day he or she returns to school and hand it in the following day.
8. All students have the opportunity to make up homework that was missed or late during activity period only and within one week from the date it was assigned. Late homework is worth no more than ½ credit and failure to make up homework will result in a zero.
- All assignments to be handed in should have the following HEADING.
- Lav and locker privileges are not permitted except in cases of emergencies. Gum chewing is not allowed. Students will remain in their seat until dismissed by the instructor.
- The students 10 week grade will be determined by the number of points accumulated during the 10 week period. Points will be given for the following
c) Chapter tests
d) Unit tests
f) Class Participation
Example: Total points for the 10 week period may be 400. The student accumulated 350 points out of 400. The students grade would be 88%.
I understand the conduct and responsibilities of my 10th grade Global Studies class with Mr. DiFrancesco.
your signature print your name
Parent/guardian signature Print parent/guardian’s name