"The more closely we consider the elaborate interplay of brain and body, the more clearly one compelling theme emerges; movement is essential to learning. Movement awakens and activates many of our mental capacities. Movement integrates and anchors new information and experience into our neural networks."
Excerpt from: Smart Moves - Why Learning Is Not All In Your Head Carla Hannaford, Ph.D. Neurophysiologist and educator.
- Assists in improving posture
- Enhances attention and concentration
- Improves learning through movement
- Incorporates wellness into the school day
- Promotes “active sitting”- with little to no disturbance
- Improves blood flow to all parts of the body, especially the brain
- Strengthens core (postural) & back muscle groups
- Improves balance and coordination
- Adjusts for customized fit to the individual