Modules 1 and 2
Units/Modules 1 & 2
- Roll single digit numbers and add them together.
- Roll 2-digit or 3-digit numbers and add them together.
- Add all the digits of your house number together.
- Make a train with Legos or colored blocks. Write a number sentence for the different colors in the train.
- Add the price of two items at a store.
- Compare gas prices to find the lowest amount.
- Start with 20 counters (beans, pennies, etc.) and roll two dice to make a 2-digit number. Subtract counters until you get to 0.
- Give your student an addition or subtraction number sentence and ask them to make up a story problem to go with the number sentence.
- Make a physical array with counters and record on paper using symbols