- Count objects such as jellybeans in a bowl, pennies in a jar, cheerios in a baggie, etc.
- Find numbers in newspapers, magazines, or on items around the house.
- Practice counting with your student while doing various activities-driving in the car, jumping rope, waiting in line at a store, etc.
- Divide a deck of cards evenly between players. Each player flips over a card, the player with the highest card wins the cards. Continue until one player has all cards in the deck.
- Put different items into groups and talk about which group has more or less items using the terms greater than and less than.
- Roll dice and create numbers. Say what is 10 more or 10 less than that number.