- Measure the length of various items around the house using different objects (crayons, pennies, etc.)
- Keep track of your child's growth each month by measuring his/her height using standard and non-standard units of measurement.
- Talk with your child about specific times that activities occur- eating breakfast, going to school, dinner time, bed time, etc.
- Talk about graphs in newspapers and magazines.
- Take a family survey and make a graph based on the data.
- Use toothpicks or Popsicle sticks to show tally marks.
- Create a bar graph based on the amount of time your child reads, plays outside, or watches television.
- Create a pictograph to show the number of hours of sleep or exercise your family gets each day.