- I can observe a problem and brainstorm solutions.
- I can identify and define academic vocabulary as it relates to Chapter 4 concepts.
- I can explain the differences in the geography & environment of Mesopotamia & The Fertile Crescent.
- I can identify the location of the Fertile Crescent between the Tigris & Euphrates Rivers.
- I can identify and explore solutions to challenges and options for farming during Neolithic times.
- I can identify problems with an uncontrolled water supply along the Tigris & Euphrates River Valley.
- I can explain ways that Sumerians learned to control water flow into the Tigris & Euphrates River Valley.
- I can examine the use of irrigation systems to foster farming and community development
- I can identify and label major places in the Fertile Crescent/Mesopotamia on a map
- I can identify and explain how cities worked to protect themselves from outside attack.
- I can explain the growth of large city-states from small farming villages.
Chapter 4 Flash Cards
Chapter 4 Google Slideshow Review
4.1 - Mesopotamia: What was it? (12 min)
4.7 - A Look Inside A City-State (3 min)